Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Home Alone

I'm not exactly home alone - there are two kids here with me and a dog. Can you tell Lan has been in DC all week. I've been spending too much time on the computer in the evenings! I did figure out how to attach the flickr photos to my blog. Now the fact that it took a computer teacher a little time to figure it out might be a bit concerning, but I learned something new.

The first night Lan was gone Andrew and I woke up to a loud animal outside. Of course I was way too chicken to head outside and check it out. Andrew thinks it was a coyote, but I thought it sounded like an owl maybe attacking an animal. After further discussion with a science teacher at school, I have come to the conclusion that is was maybe a screeching owl. Has anyone else ever heard a screeching owl? It kept me up for about an hour before it took it's little rodent or whatever it was attacking home.

I just got off the phone with Kristen. Poor Grace has had the pukes and then the poops. Between Kristen's strep, Graces ears, the flu, etc. - they cannot just catch a break this winter. All the while Kristen and Jeff are both working full time with travel thrown in here and there for Kristen. So, I am going to go have a drink and toast to a full night sleep for the Dorler Family with no puke, poop or screeching owls!

1 comment:

Charisa said...

Loving that you're a blogger now! Keep it up!